Monday, January 7, 2019

2018 End of the Year Bookish Survey

I'm doing the End of the Year Survey created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner. I didn't do her second set of questions because I didn't really want to answer questions about blogging. I might try to tackle them later this year when I've blogger longer. There are also some questions I didn't want to answer that she had. 

There are a couple of questions I took out from the first and last section, but I didn't renumber the questions.  Feel free to let me know any of your answers to the questions.




Number Of Books You Read: 47

Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: I guess clean adult fiction


1. Best Book You Read In 2018?


 Cinderella and the Colonel by KM Shea

I adore fairy tale retellings, and I absolutely adored this one. I highly recommend for you to read K.M. Shea's if you love young adult retellings.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  


Murder Simply Brewed by Vanetta Chapman

This was surprising in a good way. I've always assumed I wouldn't like Amish books, but I really enjoyed this one. This is the first in a series. I believe a trilogy. I don't know if I'll continue, but this was really good. 


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


Martha's Patience by Sally Britton

I only pushed this to one person, my mom, but she did read it! This was a novella, but I really enjoyed it.

 5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?

I started a couple of series this year, but I feel like picking one would be a cop out because even though I really enjoyed the ones I read, I don't feel like I loved it enough to pick one or gush about. I did finish a series I started this year, but I preferred the first book and wanted the series to turn out differently.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?


Sweet Talk by Niki Turner

I really loved this one. This would be the perfect read for Valentine's Day. This is a sweet and clean contemporary.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


Murder Simply Brewed by Vanetta Chapman

I'll repeat myself. I didn't expect to like this because it focuses around an Amish community. It's also a mystery. I typically don't read a lot of mystery. I enjoyed Nancy Drew Super Mysteries when I was younger but that is typically my extent of mystery reads besides the occasional Love Inspired Suspense book. If you like mystery, I highly recommend this one.

 9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


 Cinderella and the Colonel by KM Shea

There are now 13 books in these series now and is complete. I have only read the first one, Beauty and the Beast, and the one above, wish is the third. I want to go and read this from beginning to end. There is also a prequel duology the author recommends people to read. I have read them this past December, but they don't have a lot of romance. I prefer to read books with romance as the focus, and I don't really feel the need or frankly the desire to reread those right now.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?


 The Husband Maker by Karey White

This cover is just funny. Really enjoy all the covers.

11. Most memorable character of 2018?

There's not any that are really jumping out. There are characters I remember, but none I feel that pressed to want to mention.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?


 Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson

I read both of Julianne's books last year. This one has an atmospheric style in some of the scenes. I really wasn't sure of an answer, but this is probably the best out of what I read this year.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read? 



The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

I believe I got this for Christmas 2017, so really I had to wait until then. I chose this book because I really enjoyed it, and I love Kasie West books.


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?




Shortest book
Timeless Hearts (#0.5) by Kay P. Dawson

I really enjoy Time Travel romances, which this is the prequel to a pretty long series. I don't know if I liked it enough to continue, but it wasn't bad. Just way too short.


Longest book
Significance (#1) by Shelly Crane

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

I can't think of any. I don't think I read anything too shocking. *shrugs*

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

The couple in this, but it's probably because I loved the book so much, too! :)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Hmm, I don't pay attention too much to stuff like this. I may try to in the future.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


Cinderella & the Colonel by KM Shea

I've read four of her fairy tale retellings by now, but this one is of of my favorites by her.  She writes fantasy books with less romance, but I prefer her Timeless Fairy Tales because they have romance in them.

21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:


The Bachelor Girl's Guide to Murder by Rachel McMillan


This isn't solely a recommendation, but this was big out of my comfort zone. I gave this 4 stars I believe, but it's kind of meh for a 4 stars. It might be closer to a 3.5. People love it a lot more than I do. I don't know if I want to continue with this or not. There is a couple I really enjoy in this one, but I'm not sure if it's enough. The book is just tooooo slow. I don't like slow books.


23. Best 2018 debut you read?

I only read one this year. Even though, I enjoyed it. I don't want to include it since it is the best of one.





27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


Sweet Talk by Nikki Turner

I won't add much more, but I remember really liking this one. It was a fun and cute read.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?


The Husband Maker by Karey White

This is about a girl who suffers from a serious problem. All of her exes get married with the next girl they go out with! Horrible, I know. Joking. I thought this was really good. This series does not go how I wanted it to go. I liked this book the most. 

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


Love Finds You in Frost, Minnesota by Judy Baer



1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?



Engraved on the Heart by Tara Johnson

I won this book in a Good Reads giveaway. I love this cover and want to read this book. It's a 2018 debut and want to give this author and book some love hopefully!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?


Maybe This Time by Kasie West

I love Kasie West books and don't really know much else that is coming out this year. I'm really bad about keeping up with books anymore.

I love the idea of this book. I really hope this book is as good as I'm hoping.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
I have not kept up with new series because I'm very cautious about following series anymore because of content that are in YA books. I have no answer.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?

I would love to be able to finish of K.M. Shea's Timeless Fairy Tale series. I want to reread the two I have read.

For blogging, I want to get consistent. I think it will take me a while though. I need to work on blogging ahead. I feel like that's a tall order for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment