Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday that was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It's where we share an unpublished book we are anticipating.

I've read two books by Jessica Brody and enjoyed them quite a bit. The ones I've read are My Life Undecided and Karma Club. I will note that it's been a while since I read these two, but I do think Karma Club had drinking in it and could have had some cursing. I'm not sure. It's been a while. The book I'm anticipating is Middle Grade, so I hope it will be a clean read. Unfortunately, you just don't know anymore.

Anyway, I absolutely adore this cover and love the movie Freaky Friday movie with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan.





Title:  Better You Than Me
Author: Jessica Brody
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: November 13, 2018
Genres: Middle Grade, Contemporary
Pages: 432
Series: standalone
Format: Hardcover & e-book


Summary from Good Reads

It's Freaky Friday meets Hannah Montana when two twelve-year-old girls--one a famous TV star, the other an obsessive fan--switch bodies with hilarious and disastrous results.

Ruby Rivera is a twelve-year-old superstar with millions of followers. Skylar Welshman is a seventh grader who wants to be cool--and she's Ruby's biggest fan. When Skylar and Ruby meet on the set of Ruby's hit show, Ruby of the Lamp, and wish they could switch places . . . it happens!

Now Ruby is living Skylar's life--going to a normal school, eating fro-yo, sleeping in, texting boys . . . it's amazing. And being Ruby is even better than Skylar imagined--her fancy closet is huge, everyone wants to be her friend, and she gets to spend every day with Ryder Vance, her dreamy costar. Life is a blast!

But when Ruby finds herself dealing with mean girls and Skylar discovers that being a celebrity isn't all red-carpet glamour, the girls start to wonder if being yourself isn't so bad after all. Can they swap bodies again? Or are they stuck being each other forever?


13 comments:

  1. That cover is adorable! And the book sounds really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this cover. I'm surprised at how long it is considering it's a middle grade.

      Delete
  2. I've had a few Jessica Brody books on my radar, but I haven't gotten a chance to read any of them yet. I hope you enjoy this one! Thanks for stopping by my CWW earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cover. It reminds me a little of the Prince and the Pauper as well as Freaky Friday. Wondering if I'm dating myself saying that lol I hope you enjoy the book. It sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's dating me too, then, but it's not to either of us. LOL! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Alright, this sounds like so much fun! And the cover is ALL sorts of adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lot of fun! I like the movie Freaky Friday too. :-) I hope you love this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I need to rewatch that movie sometime. Thanks, me too! :)

      Delete
  6. Great CWW Pick I absolutely love Freaky Friday movie with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan as well. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW last week.

    ReplyDelete