Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Merch I'd Like to Have

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. 

For this week, we are supposed to feature bookish merch. My list has links that go to other websites like Amazon, Etsy, and a company's website, but I'm not an affiliate. The links are just for your frame of reference if you want to see what I'm talking about. I didn't quite make it to ten. I'm really new to the bookish merch scene.



1. Jane Austen and Jane Eyre Book Mug

I love Jane Austen merch. I'm not big into her actually novels yet. I mostly prefer to read retellings. However, I do love Jane Eyre.

2. Lizzy Bennet of Jane Austen Cross Stitch Design from Etsy shop MrsPeggottyArts

I'm not the best at cross stitching and haven't done it a lot, but I do enjoy it. It takes forever though. I don't see this becoming a huge hobby.

3. A Book Sleeve:Belle Book Sleeve with a Button Etsy shop FabricBound

I've watched videos on DIY Book Sleeves and searched for collections. I kind of want to try to make one because most are priced a little steep for me, but FabricBound has some for 20 percent off.

4. Bookmarks

I can never have enough bookmarks. I love quotes and animals, especially the animals.

5. Classics Page Flags by Girl of All Work

I think my sister showed me these at Barnes and Nobles. Foolishly, I didn't buy one. I looked online and they have more classics than I realized. Unfoolishly, they are more expensive than I like.

6. Jane Austen Board Games: Marrying Mr. Darcy and Jane Austen's Matchmaker

I would love to have one of these, but the Matchmaker game needs three people. I think I could get one person to attempt it with me, but I don't know about getting a second person.

7. Book Adaptations- 

I haven't watched a lot, but I do enjoy adaptations and have seen the most of Jane Eyre. I'd like to watch more and finish one for each Jane Austen book. Do you have a favorite book adaptation?

Is there any bookish merchandise from my list you're interested in?



14 comments:

  1. I love the idea of Jane Austen board games - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. I want to get more into board games, but I'm pretty much a homebody. If I can't find a game for 2 people, I'm doomed. :)

      Delete
  2. I have magnetic bookmarks on my list this week. This way I am less prone to losing bookmarks or losing my place in a book if the bookmark falls out..

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/11/top-ten-tuesday-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. I don't have a magnetic bookmark. In my head, I think I'd prefer the regular type ones, but I have seen some pretty cute ones.

      Delete
  3. If you love Jane Austen you should check out the Pride and Prejudice board game. It's awesome. Me and my sisters play all the time. Here's the site: http://www.ashgrovepress.com/Pride_and_Prejudice.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It looks neat. I'm glad you and your sisters enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. I love bookmarks especially ones with quotes on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a Jane Austen or Jane Eyre mug! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several for Jane Austen. I'm not sure which one I'd pick.

      Delete
  6. There are Jane Austen board games?!?!?! I need those in my life right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bookmarks, too. I tend to lose them, so I can’t have expensive ones. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!! I'm a total sucker for bookish merch, especially candles and teas! :)

    Erica | Erica Robyn Reads

    ReplyDelete