Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Reading Challenges


This challenge is hosted by Michelle and Berls @ Because Challenges Make Reading More Fun.

For this challenge, there are three different courses that you can choose from and pick classes that dictate how many you lock in for each month.

The courses and teachers are Professor AuthorLuv, in which you commit to read a certain amount of an author's work, Professor Genre, in which you pick a genre or theme, and Professor Mix-it-Up, in which you pick books from a specific list of your own making. (Looked at rules to come up with a short summary).

At first, I only planned to maybe do one, but this sounds like a lot of fun, so I'm going to do the Beginner class of all three. 

For Professor AuthorLuv, I'm going to choose K.M. Shea. She writes clean, young adult fantasy. I mostly prefer her fairy tale romance series. I might try to read some of her other fantasy books, but for the most part it will be her fairy tale retellings

For Professor Genre, I'm picking retellings. Most of these probably will be fairy tale retellings. I'll avoid using the books I count for the first course.

For Professor Mix-it-Up, my list is as follows:

1. Painter's Daughter by Julie Klassen (a Christian historical romance)
2. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (a contemporary YA)
3. Pippa of Lauramore by Shari Tapscott (YA fantasy romance
4. Heist Society by Ally Carter (YA mystery romance)
5. The Vicar's Daughter by Josi S. Kilpack (clean historical romance

I wasn't sure how long the list was allowed to be. If I see longer lists, I might change it a little to include more options.




I love retellings, so I am going to sign up for Tracy's @ Cornerfold's Retellings Reading Challenge.
I am picking the level Warrior Princess 6-10 books. I see myself reading more than this.

What I plan to read (Maybe?)

1. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
2. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis
3. Beauty and the Beast by KM Shea
4. The Princess Companion: A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea
5. Entwined by Heather Dixon
6. Wild Swans by KM Shea
7. The Silent Mermaid by Brittany Fichter
8. Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
9. The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson
10. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

There is also a Bingo that goes along with it.





Tackle My TBR Challenge is hosted by Kimberly @ KimberlyFaye Reads

The goal is to read x amount of TBR books for a month. I'm choosing the level Safety, which is to read 12 books, one book a month. It can vary hugely on how many books I read in a year, so I want to play it safe.

For some extra fun, there is a theme challenge. I won't follow it every month, but I will try some months. 

What I plan to read

1. Lady and the Lionheart by Joanne Bischof
2. Wanderlost by Jen Malone
3. Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey
4. My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff
5. The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
6. Our Song by Jordanna Fraiberg
7. A Spy's Devotion by Melanie Dickerson
8. Unremembered by Jessica Brody
9. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
10. Possibilities by Debra White Smith

I only listed 10 since the Retellings challenge books will count, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment