Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Backlist Books I Want to Read




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

For this week, we are supposed to feature ten backlist books. I can't say this are the ones I most want to read of what I had, but I am looking forward to reading this at some point. 


1. The Wild Swans by K.M. Shea



I've read Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella and the Colonel by K.M. Shea and really enjoyed them. If you love fairy tale retellings. I really recommend K.M. Shea. I personally own all of the following books that I mentioned below, except for this book by K.M. Shea.






2. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

This cover is so pretty. I actually started reading this book like four years ago but stopped because I was in a book game and had to send this to someone for them to keep. I regretted getting rid of this book and got it again for a gift from a friend. It's a fantasy/sci-fi retelling of Persuasion. I have yet to read Persuasion by Jane Austen. I have started it like two months ago, but it's hard for me to get into Jane's books. I absolutely adore retellings of Jane Austen's work though.




3. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis


Another Wild Swans retelling. I do have her other retelling, Stitching Snow- a retelling of Snow White, that I still need to read. I don't think I've read a retelling of Wild Swans.




4. A Spy's Devotion by Melanie Dickerson

I've only read like three or four of Melanie's retellings. I really enjoy regency romances, so I'm looking forward to this one.


5. Sweet Misfortune by Kevin Alan Milne


I flipped through this book once and laughed a bit. Each chapter has a bad fortune about love, and they are really funny. I hope the book lives up to the funny bad fortunes.


6. Traveler by L.E. DeLano

I love time travel books and young adult books, so I'm really excited to read this one.


7. The Wedding Dress By Rachel Hauck



This book is about four different love live's of women over the 1900s until present day with one wedding dress. Rachel has several different type stories in this line. I'm not sure what to expect, but I have read one book by Rachel and kind of like that this spans a good period of time.



8. The Goodbye Bride by Denise Hunter

I read a short story by Denise Hunter and really like it. I'm hoping to enjoy her full-length novels just as much. Another author I have yet to read. This book deals with the amnesia trope, which I seem to enjoy. I really like the Hallmark movies that deal with this. I know this trope bugs some people, but in this book it happens to a girl that was engaged to the main male character and she just ups and left him before he got amnesia. 



9. Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Antsey




I picked this book up about a year ago to read. I didn't get too far only like 30+ pages. It moved kind of slow. I'm hoping to like this book better when I try to read it again.




10. The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah E Ladd



This is yet another regency book. I'm expecting this one to be an atmospheric read. I really hope it is. I've seen this recommended if you like Jane Austen books. Also, I think it is supposed to have some Jane Eyre flair, too. I have yet to read anything by Sarah E. Ladd.


Have you read any of these?





1 comment:

  1. I also need to get to Love, Lies, and Spies - thanks for the heads up on it starting out slow! LOL! I'm looking forward to Spinning Silver too - I really enjoy retellings! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete